This episode is a conversation with my Scottish Golf Trip companions discussing our round at St. Andrew’s Castle Course on a beautiful Scottish morning. We also recount our favorite moments of food and cheer around the town of St. Andrews.
I loved the Castle Course. It was challenging, yet rewarding, and very different from every other course we played in Scotland. The other guys, maybe not feeling the love for the Castle Course.
Links to items mentioned in the show:
- Castle Course at St. Andrews
- Carnoustie Hotel breakfast – this began the granola love affair
- Pizza Express – really nice personal pizzas
- Blackhorn Burgers – good hamburgers, great shakes at this almost-dive joint
- Steak Barn – as unique a steak experience as you will find in Scotland
- Ruscacks Hotel – if you have time, catch breakfast here and just soak in The Old Course right across the street
- Forgan’s – the best restaurant in St. Andrews. Maybe in Scotland.
- Gorgeous Cafe – perfect place to grab a pastry and a coffee in the morning