The golf boom of the 1990’s and the success of Alabama’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail led to the construction of some fantastic golf courses in Kentucky. The Kentucky State Parks system invested heavily in new construction and upgrades to many of its golf facilities, leading to the Kentucky “Signature Series” collection of golf courses.
Additionally, several other municipalities invested in offering upscale public golf opportunities, along with a few private developments that created top-notch golf tracts. The result of all the golf course development is that there are now there are some really great, affordable golf courses spread across every region of Kentucky. Eventually, I want to try to play them all.
Below are reviews of the courses visited in 2014 and 2015.
- Eagle Ridge Golf Course, Yatesville Lake State Park, Louisa, KY
- Heritage Hill Golf Club, Shepherdsville, KY
- Stonecrest Golf Course, Prestonsburg, KY
- Wasioto Winds Golf Course, Pineville Mountain State Park, Pineville, KY
- Hidden Cove Golf Course, Olive Hill, KY
- My Old Kentucky Home State Park, Bardstown, KY- the oldest of all the state park courses
- July 2015 – Kentucky Dam Village State Park, Gilbertsville, KY – A Press & Perry Maxwell design; Once listed on Golf Digest’s Toughest Golf Courses in America list, AND
- July 2015 – Mineral Mound Golf Course, Eddyville, KY – A Dana Fry / Dr. Michael Hurdzan creation